That's Just Crazy Talk

True stories about my life with a little fabrication, sarcasm and humor. If you like reading insignicant crap that really does nothing for you but waste your time...then rock on!

Click Icon below to subscribe through a News Feeder





Friday, January 19, 2007

I Am Not Embarrassed

I've noticed lately that I have picked up a bad habit. (ok maybe it's not a new habit). I really get a kick out of making people feel uncomfortable and embarrassed. I guess it's because I like to make people laugh and I do it at some poor person's expense, mostly my girlfriends. You would think that my actions would cause ME to be embarrassed, but I think I was born without an embarrass-easily gene. Other people that were born with this deficiency include: Tom Cruise, George W Bush and Cher in her "If I could turn back time" era. I would like to share a few stories that will explain this a little better.

- Almost Getting Shut Off After 1/2 a Beer -
Awhile back, we went to see a band that we like at a bar in Worcester. We got there, ordered a beer and began to celebrate the weekend. I took about 3 sips of my first beer and decided to take a trip to the little girls room. A song started to play that I liked and I came running out of the bathroom and decided it was a "moshing" song. I began to bang into my sister and jump around like a maniac...nothing out of the ordinary. All of a sudden the BOUNCER comes over to me and says that I have to tone it down or leave. OK...what kind of bar kicks someone out after a half of beer. Those people were all bored until I showed up....jeez! The song playing "Endless Love" came to an end and I sat down at a table.

- Dancing in the Winter -
Awhile back, we went out to celebrate my friends twin brother coming in from England. I was extremely tired this night and my girlfriend had to work very early the next day so we both decided it wouldn't be a "late" night. When you mention this to our group of friends...let's just say they don't take it that well and will do EVERYTHING in their power to make you stay out as LONG as possible. One technique they use is just GETTING you another beer after you say you are leaving. Nobody wants to leave a full beer with their name on it!

The last bar that we went to that night was Jeff's to go dancing. I wore my winter coat into the bar b/c I knew I wouldn't be there for a long per my girlfriend and I's aggreement. My friends kept insisting I put it behind the bar, but I didn't trust them because I knew they were trying to make me stay out. I was stubborn. Hmmm...but I also wanted to dance! I had the dancing bug in me once I saw all those "not as good at dancing as me" people on the dance floor. I looked out at my friends on the dance floor and noticed all the other girls dancing with their little shirts/tank tops on. I took a deep breath...zipped up my jacket....put up my hood and cruised out onto the dance floor with my big black bulky coat with the fury hood up. I also had my lame glasses on so I looked like a little, blind eskimo that just got dropped off by the short bus. People must've thought I was nuts because it was hotter than Rosie O'Donnells ass crack in there! I am proud to say even though my friends were embarrassed to dance next to me, I did get home at a reasonable hour that night.

- Softball Banquet at the Crown Plaza -
Our co-ed team rented the CROWN PLAZA to have a softball banquet. I thought it was a little fancy for a softball banquet and it totally was. I've never gone to the Crown Plaza without wearing some sort of dress clothes so I dressed up a bit...skirt and nice shirt. I got there and a lot of people wore jeans. I just thought it was strange because it's really nice there. Anyway, the food was good...conversation was good...but there was a dullness floating in the air. A lot of people left right after dinner. No one was dancing which I absolutely hate. I told my girlfriend if SexyBack by Justin Timberlake was played I would dance despite the empty dance floor. Of course...it came on next. I was all alone on the dance floor whipping my long hair around...dancing behind some guy making him feel really uncomfortable and making his girlfriend REALLY hate me. I went back to my fancy shmancy seat and drifted back into a conversation while many more DANCABLE songs played in the background.

- Random Comment that Embarrassed My Girlfriend -
We were at a party and after I filled up my can of beer with a pitcher of beer that was on the counter, I got the LOOK from my girlfriend. The look that says, "please don't embarrass me tonight in front of people I have to work with". I'm sure others know the look I'm referring to...right? I looked at what I was doing with the pitcher and the can...then stopped. I went back and joined in the conversation. They were all talking about teeth falling out and the tooth fairy. All of them were telling stories about how they've swallowed loose teeth when they were young. I waited until there was a pause and said, "I've swallowed someone elses tooth before". Truthfully I have never swallowed someone elses tooth before, but I didn't have a story about swallowing a tooth. I think at this point my girlfriend was laughing and walking away at the same time.

Honestly, the only person who has the power to embarrass me is my sister, Michelle. If you think I have no shame, she is probably 11 times worse than me. I guess the point of this blog is to tell people that having shame is just....boring.

Now, WHO wants to come dancing with me & my sister?
I'll get my winter coat ready.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






Free Hit Counters
Site Counters