Squad Bombers
When I think of the bomb squad, I think of a bunch of brave guys and gals in suits ready to take on a life full of...well...explosive devices. My thoughts have changed in recent hours. I read an article today on CNN.com that described Ash Wednesday at a church in New Mexico. Apparently, someone put three cd players hidden throughout the pews and blasted porno audio clips with explicit language which occurred during mass. (I wonder if it was before or after people had the ashes all over their foreheads). Guess who showed up at the alter? Yep, the bomb squad! (do they have a professional name?...it sounds like they are super heros or a rap group).
Were the CD players threatening to self destruct? I don't get it! The best part of the story is ....THEY BLEW UP TWO OF THE CD PLAYERS! They kept the third as evidence and to check for DNA or finger prints.
What is the threshold for the bomb squad to take action on a call?
"Um...yeah...hi...uh, I saw a little thing that looks like a lite brite shaped like a cartoon character. Can you come check it out". Obviously, that is one instance...a big instance.
"Hello, there are three radios in a church that are blasting FOUL language....COME QUICK". Obviously another circumstance.
"Come quick Britney Spears is shaving her hair off...the locks were all we had left of her!!" (hmmm...all I hear are crickets after that one). And THAT is a real ticking time bomb if you ask me.
Are there different bomb squad levels??? "Dammit someone called again about a suspicious looking altoid container....send the new guy." or "Chief Bomb Squad Sargent Harry...we just got a call about a device that is ticking on the top of a building in Westminster, London...I think you should check it out, but sir....be careful."
Aw squad bombers....I ain't mad atcha...you DA BOMB.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home